Explore the beautiful immediate surroundings full of nature, sports, activities and culture. We offer bicycles for our guests to rent, just ask for them at the restaurant reception. For the nature lovers among other things we recommend:
- An easy half day ride or a walk to the beautiful Püspökszentlászló and its Arboretum
- Or a bit more demanding day trip on the bike to Dombay lake on the way to Pecsvarad, where you can visit monastery castle
- Since we are located near the Mecsek mountain range you might be tempted to climb Zengo – the highest pick of the Mecsek range on a day trip.
- For other ideas about different hikes, walks and bike routes have a look here on the turistautak.openstreetmap pages and search for Hosszúhetény
- If you are into horse riding or would like to try wakeboard – why not check out nearby berek.org – they will be happy to host you
- We also recommend to visit by car the nearby Orfű lake for a good swim. Here you can find all the attractions around the lake
For more city like adventures we recommend visiting Pécs, only a 15 minutes car ride from Almalomb. The Mediterranean-style city hosts Unesco World Heritage sites and was awarded European Capital of Culture title in 2010, and, in fact, that city has preserved this status even today.
- Of the city`s countless attractions, Zsolnay Cultural Quarter is on the top of the list. It has been declared to be a Hungaricum (a unique Hungarian product or attraction)
- Don’t forget to check also The Kodály Centre events in Pécs. It has been claimed as one of the best music venues in Hungary and even Central Europe. Perfect place for an evening.
- For other happenings we recommend to check the following pages Visit Pecs and Made in Pecs
- If you are more into bands, bars or clubs you can see the list of places in Pecs on Songkick
Slightly further but not far we recommend visiting famous Hungarian Thermal Baths – you will find them listed here.